Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Week in Review

This past weekend has been so nice because we've actually had some rain in this desert we live in. The temperatures have dropped a little below 100 degrees as well. It definitely has added some relief. We also got our electric bill and though it isn't small, it is a lot smaller than people were telling us it would be so I'm feeling a sense of relief as far as that goes to.

Reagan is turning one year old this week so when her formula ran out a couple of days ago, we went ahead and took her off the bottle. She hasn't complained much though she isn't doing really well to drink whole milk either. She likes her sippy cup and will down a cup of apple juice with no problem, but isn't really going for the milk. I did see if she liked chocolate milk and she did so I've been mixing her whole milk with just a little chocolate milk and she is starting to drink more milk this way. I'll try sneaking the chocolate milk back out gradually until she is doing the whole milk 100 percent.

Will decided by himself last Wednesday that he wanted to use the potty and he did! He was naked at the time so I decided to let him be naked the rest of the day since we weren't going anywhere anyway and he continued using the potty the rest of the day. He has since had days that had their accidents but is definitely on his way to being potty trained. I was going to wait until August since we will be traveling a couple of weekends this month but when your kid decides its time, you certainly don't want to argue that. Its been amazing to watch him even though at 3 years and 3 months this is totally a normal process for most kids his age. Taylor however waited until she was 4 3/4 years old so 3 1/4 years old just seem SO amazing! Yeah for Will!!!

We are in the process of getting the family room off of our kitchen tiled. It is only a 15x15 space but has been taking them since last Thursday. Everyday has its hitches but the current obsticle is trying to match the grout to the grout that is in the kitchen. The flooring company told us it wouldn't be a problem to match the tile and grout but they have yet to match the grout. They've been awful about communication as well. In fact, they were supposed to be here by 10 this morning but aren't here yet and its almost 11. I finally placed a call to the builder of our home and they were able to give me the name of the grout that was used in the kitchen. The flooring company was going to try and find it they told us yesterday and they would be here at 10 this morning to finish the job. Still not here. I could have taking my kids to playgroup this morning. I hate this kind of stress. We decided to pay someone to do the project instead of trying to do it ourselves to eliminate the stress but we are experiencing it anyway! Argh! Meanwhile, my kitchen table is in the living room and I'm feeding my kids in the loft upstairs. I want my kitchen back!!!

3 comments:

Nichole said...

It's funny how we can trick our kids into drinking stuff they don't think they like! Ava refused to drink whole milk for a while...Dr. Johnson told me to stop giving her anything in her sippy except for milk. He said that he has never seen a child dehydrate out of stubborness. She didn't even go a day and she had to have something to drink and has loved milk ever since!

Yay for Will!!! That is so exciting! He decided to give his mommy a break and just do it himself! And I hope your tile is done soon! It's bad enough to be settling into a new home...but to have construction going on is such a pain!

Alicia said...

I remember your struggles with Taylor and the potty, so good for Will! What was in your family room? I've found that either way (doing it yourself or hiring it out) brings mess and stress, hope it ends soon! Post some pics of your house again! I want to see it with your stuff in it!

Cyd said...

Carpet was in the family room. The main problem with that is the kitchen table was half on the tile in the kitchen and half on the carpet in the family room. Looked really stupid. I'll take pictures when I have furniture in this newly tiled space. We went from having one family room to having two so we are in the process of getting new furniture including a new kitchen table because our very old one is falling apart and only seats 4 anyway.