Friday, September 24, 2010

Subway and Camping with the Schroeder Family

Cydnee, Shaley, Todd and Val - the beginning of the big hike

I have always wanted to do "The Subway" at Zion National Park. So Eric planned a trip with his side of the family to help accomplish this goal. Thanks to lots of fun aunties (Tamie, Robin and Marcy) for basically hosting a day camp for my kids while Eric and I ventured out for the day.

We spent time just trying to find the trail in the beginning.

The hunky husband
Finally finding the right canyon.
Coming down into the canyon.

Eric and I in full wet suit attire.
A couple of years ago, Eric and I did Orderville Canyon in Zion and though I had an incredible time, I vowed I would never do a wet canyon again. The Subway had a couple of swims in it however so we decided to pack in wet suits. What a difference! I didn't get near as cold as I did in Orderville Canyon.
First Swim

Famous spot for pictures in the Subway

The pools look "out of this world"

Eric and Cydnee in the Subway

The next day we hiked the bottom of the Narrows with our kids and the rest of the family.
Thanks to family for taking pictures for us. Our camera is broken and we didn't have one for this trip.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Those wet suits are sexy.

Dani said...

How fun! Loving the wetsuits - what a great idea. Lester hiked the Subway back when we lived in Henderson and he loved it, maybe someday I'll make it there. :D

Unknown said...

This was such a fun trip. We need to go camping every summer.