Later that night we would fly home on the most miserable flight of my life. When I was younger, the plane ride was always part of the fun of going on vacation. I feel less and less invincible the older I get which translates into a nervous wreck in a flight with any amount of turbulence. It doesn't help when its the middle of the night and we're flying over a vast ocean below or the flight starts with the plane losing its power, the engine shutting off and the lights in the cabin leaving things pitch dark with no explanation before they start the plane again and take off. It also makes it worse that I can't sleep even though its 2am and my kids are restless around me--Reagan crying out uncontrollably at times while my husband sleeps like a baby. He's used to flying. We had a layover in LA at 5am and finally arrived home in Las Vegas at 9am Wednesday morning.
Despite the sour note the trip ended on (only because of my paranoia), we had a marvelous time on Maui and I would recommend if you have the means (sky miles and lodging in our case) to go--do it! And don't think you can't take your kids. It was every bit a family destination as a romantic hotspot. And for those that wonder if their young kids would appreciate such a trip, Taylor told us each day we were in Hawaii how much she loved being there and how happy she was we took her with us. She and Will both continue to write about the trip in their school assignments and I know the things they experienced there will stay with them for a long time to come. The memories made may fade because they are young but the time together as a family will leave an everlasting impact for good. I can't wait until the next family adventure!







1 comment:
I finally got around to reading all about your trip. Sounds like a BLAST ~ I'm glad you ALL had a good time. Memories you nor your children will ever forget!
Nikki
Post a Comment