Sunday, March 8, 2009

Last weekend we went to St. George for a winter weekend getaway. It was nice to only have to drive 2 hours to see some of my family. Erin's family, my mom and dad, and Ethan and Amy met us for a relaxing weekend at the Worldmark Resort.

This is Ethan and Amy (the almost newly weds!) standing at some ruins at the Silver Reef Ghostown we explored on Friday morning. Not much here to see but was still very interesting place to check out.
This is Taylor, Will and his long lost buddy and cousin Kyle. After Silver Reef, we went to Red Cliffs and did a great family hike that Eric and I have done a couple of times before but no one else had so we thought it would be fun to go again.

Papa with some of his grandkids in a tree along the hike.


This is a beautiful spot along the hike. When we have been here in the past, it was much warmer so we've played in the water but this trip we all avoided getting wet.

Reagan fell asleep on her Daddy's back toward the end of the hike. We had a picnic lunch at this point and she slept through the whole thing on top of the picnic table.

That night we went to dinner at the Pizza Factory and watched a movie after putting the kids to bed.

The next day we explored the red rock above St. George. This is Erin, Adam, Kyle and Noah.



We also went to the Johnson Farm to see dinosaur tracks. This is the kids watching the movie in the museum. They actually look like they are learning something!

The pools at the resort were open and warm so some went swimming while I napped with Reagan in the condo. We ate Taco Soup at the condo that night and went out for ice cream at the Blue Bunny Creamery. Just a nice relaxing getaway with some family. You can't get any better than that!

7 comments:

Anderson Family said...

How fun! I am just a little jealous! I love your new family pic at the top. We need new ones sooooo bad.

Erin said...

I really enjoyed the trip even if you got bored. ;)

Aubrey said...

That looks like fun, nice little getaway. And Erin is wearing shorts. :) Ah Spring couldnt come any faster.

Jenny said...

Cyd, I wish I knew you were in town. Love to see you and your family. Sad, but you seem to have hiked more around here than us and we've lived here fo 14 years. Zion is calling me this weekend, supposed to be in the 70's. Your family is darling.

Cyd said...

Thanks Jenny! Good to hear from you. You better go hiking for me this weekend in Zion--sounds wonderful.

Angela said...

What a fun weekend! We're going to St. George for a wedding in a few weeks and I should ask you about where to go and what to do. We're not too familiar with what you can do there.

Elizabeth Dover said...

John and I had our engagement pictures done there. I think it's the same place. It has been a few years.What a fun trip it sounds like you had.