Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Disneyland Trip - Sat/Sun

Its been 2.5 years since we last went to Disneyland! I really thought we would visit Mickey far more once we moved within 4 hours of his resort, but life brought other opportunities. Needless to say, we were all rearing to go! We headed down Saturday night so as to avoid the traffic jam that occurs leaving Las Vegas on Sundays. We made sure to hit Chick-fil-a a couple of times while in So. Cal as they don't have those at home and its my favorite fast food.
Sunday we went to sacrament meeting and saw that the nursery at the church had an outside section (only in sunny California). This must be a nice thing for the nursery teachers as all the little kids can create a pretty stinky room sometimes. (sorry but the outside nursery was sort of a highlight for me).The weather was gorgeous and the sun was warming without being the least bit hot. After church, we drove to Newport Beach and walked out onto the boardwalk. The kids thought this was unbelieveably fun. I would have let them walk on the beach and put their toes in the water but I learned my lesson from our trip to San Diego. They can't stop there and before I know it, I'm trying to scrub sand out of their hair. In case you think my kids are deprived, look back at recent posts and you'll find they've had plenty of beach time in the last several months.
We also stopped at the Newport Beach Temple. I loved its mission style look. The picture below shows Eric with a real 5 o'clock shadow mustache.
Part of the fun we had on our trip is being with my sister Erin and her family. We love hanging with the Shifletts!

Will and Kyle are excited to be together again.

3 comments:

Anderson Family said...

I Laughed about the chick-fil-a stops!
I need a better description about the outside nursery. that sounds awesome.
Love the pic of will and Kyle at the temple!

Erin said...

You beat me. Oh well, now I can steal some of your pics. :)....whenever I get around to blogging again...

Erin said...

BTW- I have to make fun of Eric and his picture taking. Notice how the picture I took INCLUDES the temple...I'll just leave it at that. :)