Friday, May 13, 2011

Hawaii Again?

Yes its true. For some people, the chance to go to Hawaii is once-in-a-lifetime and we were lucky enough to go twice in a year! This time though it was just Eric and I and we visited the island of Oahu. I had been to Oahu with my aunt and uncle years ago but this was Eric's first time. Eric was fortunate enough to be invited by his company to attend their annual "Club" trip. I'm glad we didn't have to miss out on the year they decided to go to Hawaii!

Our first evening out we spent with Todd and Pam at the "Pacific Swing" show in the pink hotel maybe better known as the Royal Hawaiian. We enjoyed an incredible dinner overlooking Waikiki beach and Diamond Head right before the show. Wish I had a picture to represent our awesome evening.




View from our balcony in Ko O'lina


















Temple Hill - I have a similar picture of me in this spot from my last trip with a flower behind my ear from the same trees that were blooming and dropping their flowers along the trail.




Hawaii Temple in Laie

















Polynesian Cultural Center

















Monoa Falls Hike







Lighthouse hike







We spent the first day at the Temple and the PCC, the second day hiking and taking in some beautiful views and Saturday snorkling at the North Shore. Saturday night we went to the Paradise Luau with Eric's friends from work. We relaxed a little more on Sunday and went to Pearl Harbor on Monday before flying out.

This might be the only laying out to soak up the sun I did!



No tan for this girl!

You gotta get a shave ice while on the North Shore! Yum!














Just down from our resort was a marina with the "Black Pearl" floating amongst all the other boats. It was funny but cool to see up close and makes me excited to watch the 4th Pirates of the Caribeaan coming to theaters soon.


















Arizona Memorial















Exploring the battleship Missouri or "Mighty Mo" where they signed the treaty ending World War II




























Eric sucked in for this picutre. I probably should have followed suit! I have to laugh because when you have time to stop and eat 3 meals a day and savor every bite you might just gain 5 pounds! One of the highlights of our trip was all the yummy food we enjoyed.

Kudos to the Bunker girls for taking care of our kids and never giving us any reason to worry about them while we were gone. I would say "a girl could get used to this" but instead I'll say a girl IS used to this and taking a trip without our kids once a year has become a wonderful tradition for Eric and I.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool Cydnee! I have to say-Howard and I want to be like you guys someday. :)

Lia said...

Oh...My...Word! We totally have stayed at the same hotel. We loved it!! We did a few of the same things, but I did more laying out and relaxing. So glad you guys make a point of getting out together. Nice.

Erin said...

You are a lucky, lucky girl.

Lesley said...

Seriously jealous of your many travels this year! I don't know how you are going to top it next year!